|menu/||MAE WEST SPEAKS|
change the world
- "So many men, so little time!"- "It's not the men in my life; it's the life in my men".
- "Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly."
- "I only like two kinds of men: domestic and foreign."
- "Give a man a free hand and he'll run it all over you."
- "I've been in more laps than a napkin."
- "I used to be Snow White, but I drifted."
- "She's the kind of girl who climbed the ladder of success wrong by wrong."
- "I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it."
- "Too much of a good thing is wonderful."
- "When choosing between two evils I always like to take the one I've never tried before."
- Once, during a trial in which she was accused of indecency on stage, the judge asked, "Miss West, are you trying to show contempt for this court?" She answered, "On the contrary, your Honor, I was doin' my best to conceal it."
- "I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better."
- "I always say, keep a diary, and some day it'll keep you."
- "It ain't no sin if you crack a few laws now and then. As long as you don't break any."
- "It's better to be looked over than overlooked."
- Maid (unpacking): "Goodness, what nice jewelry!" Mae West: "Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie."
- "When I'm good, I'm good. When I'm bad, I'm very good."
- "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"
|LINKS ON THIS SITE
Trauma + recovery
Learn about Antonella Gambotto-Burke ...
A healthy life
The healing power of hope
The laughter page
Find your own North Star
How to feel better about yourself
Donate to the Gesundeit! Institute
If you want the Gesundheit! Institute's free newsletter, click HERE!
Chat with the Humor.com community - NOW!
Message boards on humour - NOW!
If you want Natural Health Web's free newsletter, click HERE!
If you want to know more about Patch Adams, see the film!
The bond of humour: an essay
The Humor Project - a fantastic organization
Chicken Soup for the Laughing Soul
Ask how you can learn to be happy - NOW!
Listen to laughter
The Happiness Project
World Laughter Tour - laughter therapy around the globe
Free monthly newsletter - The Heart at Work
Chicken Soup for the Soul
The Miracle Network
Free stress test
The Heart at Work Project
The Calm Centre
The Positivity Site